The idea of packing can sometimes be overwhelming. Read over these tips for some helpful ideas before you start packing up for your Marysville storage unit! Use these helpful tips to keep the process stress-free. If you have any storage or packing questions, contact Stor-In Marysville Self Storage! We will be happy to help with all your storage needs!
1. Get Supplies Together. Always get all your packing supplies together before you start the process. You don't want to run out of tape halfway through! Supplies you will need include tape, bubble wrap, boxes, furniture covers, any specialized boxes etc.
2. Specialized Boxes. Using specialized boxes is the best way to keep your belongings in good condition while moving. For example, mirror/art boxes for your art and mirrors, dish boxes for dishes, small boxes for books etc.
3. Pack With Care. Packing your breakable items requires a little extra care. Always wrap items such as dishes, glassware, ceramics, and mirrors individually and in bubble wrap. Then tightly pack into boxes filled with packing peanuts, newspaper or more bubble wrap. This will keep things from shifting and braking during your move.
4. Distribute Weight. Always place heavier items on the bottom of the boxes and light items near the tops. you don't want to damage light items.
5. Heavy Lifting. You should always limit the weight of your boxes to 50 pounds. This will help make lifting easier for you and avoid any injuries.
6. Label and List. to keep track of your stuff, number each box and list what's in each box on a corresponding list. this will minimize stress when it comes time to retrieve anything from storage.
7. More Tape. It's better to use too much tape then too little. Use enough tape to create an airtight seal.
8. Utilize Space. Have a logical strategy for moving your stuff into your unit. You will want to keep your most-needed items towards the front. Also leave space for an aisle for easy access.
Choose Stor-In Mini Storage or Best Self Storage for all your Marysville storage needs!